How to Apply
Applicants will complete and submit:
- Online Application
- Transcripts. Undergraduate and (if applicable) graduate transcripts.
- 1000-word statement of purpose detailing academic interests and goals, current or anticipated career, and the reasons for pursuing the graduate certificate program.
- Resume or curriculum vitae.
- Letter of recommendation from a university faculty member familiar with your prior academic work or—for or members of the community with significant career experience in the workforce—a recommendation letter from a professional supervisor or colleague.
Here’s how to get started with the CUA online application:
- Please visit the Cardinal Admissions Page.
- Click on Sign up and provide your name and an e-mail address.
- When you receive an e-mail from CUA Graduate Admissions, look for:
- "To get started with your application, click the link below.”
- Click on that link and create a username and password.
- Enter the application site and click on “Start a New Application.”
- Under “What type of application,” click on “Certificate.”
- Then choose “School of Arts and Sciences – Non-degree.”
If you have questions regarding the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-319-5057
To be eligible an applicant must have earned or will earn*:
- A four-year baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher education, or an equivalent degree from a nationally recognized non-US institution.
- A 3.00 GPA on a 4.00 scale or better in the baccalaureate study.
Or, a 3.00 GPA on a 4.00 scale or better in graduate study resulting in a degree from an accredited institution of higher education, or an equivalent degree from a nationally recognized non-US institution.
*Applications may be submitted during the final year of undergraduate study. Acceptance is contingent on award of a baccalaureate degree before matriculation to the graduate certificate program.
The Graduate Certificate program accepts applications year round. You may start the program Fall, Spring, or Summer. Application deadlines: April 1st for Summer; July 15th for Fall; Nov. 15th for Spring.
If you have applied or plan to apply, please contact the Head of the Program, Rosalind Flynn.
Questsions? Contact us for details at email@example.com, or 202-319-5358.