The CUA High School Drama Institute is a joint offering by the University’s School of Music and Department of Drama. It is a residential program for students who wish to pursue intensive summer training in the performing arts. Study voice, movement, and acting with experts in the field.
- Increase your ability to develop and demonstrate acting skills that require you to assume and sustain roles, use your voice effectively, and communicate character through movement and gesture.
- Strengthen your singing and dancing skills and prepare for college auditions.
- Draw inspiration from Catholic University instructors and theatre professionals.
- Immerse yourself in theatre and college campus life, collaborating and living with others who share your passion for the performing arts.
Interested? Fill out the Inquiry Form and we will be in touch.
This program was amazing! It gave me the opportunity to express myself and at the same time make new friends that will last forever. Also I am so happy to have gained tools and skills I didn't have before.
- 2015 CUA High School Drama Participant
I wanted to thank you and the other faculty for what sounded like a truly amazing, fortifying, enriching, and connective experience that my daughter had during the program. I saw the notes that she took and we talked a lot about what she learned. It made a deep impact, and it was clear that she found ‘her place’. She felt supported by the other young people in the program and by the faculty who worked with them.
- parent of participant